Terms and Conditions
3. Prices3.1 The ticket prices on the START Global websites are inclusive of value-added tax (where applicable).
3.2 Discounted tickets are only valid in combination and/or in conjunction with an authorized identification qualifying for discount. This must be presented at badge pick-up and shown on request to gain admission to the event venue. If no such verification is provided, the purchased ticket is invalid, and the person will not be granted access to the event.
4. Events organized by START Global and/or its affiliated entities
4.1 A refund of the tickets for conferences and events is only possible up to 14 days before the event and a cancellation fee of 50% will be retained unless otherwise specified.
4.2 A refund of a ticket is only possible when returning the original ticket. If the ticket is not returned within the time limit, a refund is not possible. Additional claims (e.g. travel expenses etc.) are excluded. Thus, only the ticket price is refundable. In the event of a no-show (the cardholder does not show up at the event), there will be no refund of the ticket price.
4.3 It is possible to allocate a ticket to a third party if the ticket has been fully paid. The contact details of the new participant are to be sent to START Global immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org), at least 14 days before the event. It is not possible to change the person or organization liable for the payment.
4.4 Damaged tickets or tickets misplaced by the customer shall not, as a basic principle, be replaced or refunded.
4.5 The tickets purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be re-sold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances. Where there has been any re-sale or attempted re-sale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
4.6 If the event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (force majeure), ticket holders will be refunded the price of the ticket against the receipt. START Global does not hold itself liable for any other expenses incurred, except in cases of intentional acts or omissions or gross negligence. START Global strives to notify its customers of force majeure cases as quickly as possible.
4.7 The order confirmation does not grant access to the event. A badge must be picked up before entering the event. The badge pick-up locations and opening hours will be communicated on the correspondent event website and by email at least two weeks prior to the event. When picking up the badge, the purchaser must show the order confirmation or order number provided by e-mail as well as a valid ID with a picture.
4.8 START Global is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. As such, START Global reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics as well as date, time and location of the events, without any liability whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
4.9 In the case of either the event date or location (event venue) being changed, in general tickets remain valid.
4.10 In the case of rescheduling an event, the cardholder’s ticket may be returned by a deadline to be determined by START Global, preferably immediately after the announcement of the new event date. After the deadline has expired, any claims for reimbursement will expire.
6. Non-disclosure Agreement„Confidential Information” shall mean any and all oral, written, visual, and/or other tangible forms of information, material or know-how regarding any data, process, business plan, specifications, technique, program, business information or other proprietary information relating to START Global and/or its affiliated entities, and disclosed, directly or indirectly, by START Global. Every contractual partner of START Global (including every registered user) shall hold in confidence the Confidential Information and shall not disclose such information to any third party, even under a respective secrecy agreement between the contractual partner of START Global and such third party, and shall not use such information for its own benefit or the benefit of any third party without a prior written consent of START Global.
7. Liability7.1 START Global will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused during events. START Global will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. Each participant must make provision for his or her own insurance.
7.2 START Global reserves the right to refuse admission to any event or conference for any behavior which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the Terms and Conditions.
7.3 During all START Global Events, audio, picture and video recording of the attendees are free of charge and can be used unlimited spatio-temporal for press reports, advertising, posters, calendars, brochures, commercial products and manuals, and on START Global websites as well as third party websites. The rights of use by START Global can also be given to third parties both free of charge and against payment.
8. Miscellaneous8.1 These Terms and Conditions and all contractual relationships with START Global shall be governed exclusively by Swiss law unless otherwise contracted. The jurisdiction for all disputes arising from or in connection with this contract is Zurich, Switzerland. Contract language is exclusively English.
8.2 Should one or more provisions of these Terms and Conditions be deemed invalid in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions hereof. Any contract signed by START Global is only legally binding if at least two members of START Global signed it and one of them is a board member.